Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Greatest Black History Month Ever . . .

This is the greatest Black History Month ever!! If you know anything about me you know that I love Jet magazine. I read it every week and I read every page. I love the section on "This week in Black History" . . . I love the "love and happiness" section with pictures of newlyweds and the couple married for 50+ years . . . I love the "week's best photos." I even love the Jet beauty of the week. In what other publication can you find out where black entertainers will be on television that week? And now . . . drumroll please . . . Jet and its sister magazine Ebony are online! We can now read everything from the May 1968 Ebony after Martin Luther King's murder to the July 3, 1975 cover with little Janet Jackson. What an incredible resource for the classroom!

Johnson Publishing Company has partnered with Google to digitize its magazine archives.

Ebony

Jet

Black World/Negro Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment